THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT (this “Rental”)
OF THE FIRST PART
– AND –
Supercar Hire Scotland Ltd of Walkinshaw Rd, Paisley PA4 9LP, UK
OF THE SECOND PART
IN CONSIDERATION of the mutual covenants and promises in this Rental and other valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which consideration the Parties hereby acknowledge, the Owner rents the Vehicle described in this Rental to the Hirer, and the Hirer rents the Vehicle from the Owner on the following terms:
- Vehicle Details
- The Owner desires to rent the vehicle described below (the “Vehicle”) to the Hirer, and the Hirer desires to rent the Vehicle from the Owner for personal, family or household use.
- The Owner owns the Vehicle that is the subject of this Rental.
- Vehicle –
- Registration –
- Value –
- Starting Mileage / Return Mileage /
- Starting Fuel / Return Mileage /
- Rental Cost Disclosure
- The full retail value of the Vehicle as of this date is £40,000.00.
- A refundable insurance excess of £1000.00 is due upon signing this Hire.
- The term of the Rental is as purchased (the “Term”).
- The number of miles allowed under this Hire is 100 per day. Any miles in excess of that amount are charged at a rate of £1.50 per mile when the Vehicle is returned.
- At the conclusion of the Rental, if all payments are made, this will be the total cost of the Rental, excluding any cost for repairing excess wear and tear to the Vehicle.
- A late fee of £100.00 will be charged on all Payments paid after the due date, which will be payable when the Owner receives the late payment.
- Hirer Obligations
- The Hirer will assume all risk of loss and damage to the Vehicle. The Hirer is insured for the Vehicle based on its full value, with the following coverage:
- comprehensive fire and theft insurance with a maximum excess of £1,000.00; and
- collision insurance with a maximum excess of £1,000.00.
- The Hirer must ensure only Premium Unleaded fuel should be used. Fuel receipts must be provided as proof that the correct fuel has been used.
- The Hirer agrees to have their photograph taken alongside the Vehicle immediately prior to commencing the hire.The Hirer
- The Hirer agrees to co-operate with the Owner and the insurance company in pursuing or defending any claim or action resulting from the use of the Vehicle. Any award or money the Hirer receives as a result of a claim or action is to be assigned to the Owner. If a claim is denied by the insurance company for any reason, the Hirer remains responsible to pay the total cost of repair.
- The Hirer is at least 25 years old (or 30 years old on selected vehicles) and has a full driving licence with no more than 3 penalty points.
- The Hirer confirms they have declared all information relating to pending and previous convictions and accidents which could affect the decision for our insurance company to provide insurance.
- If the Hirer chooses to leave a vehicle with Supercar Hire Scotland, this is done at their own risk
- The Hirer agrees to indemnify the Owner from any loss, and in order to prevent such loss, the Hirer will do the following:
- keep the Vehicle free of encumbrances, such as fines and liens;
- indemnify the Owner from all claims and expenses resulting from the maintenance and use of the Vehicle; and
- pay all amounts owed under this Rental without deducting any amounts the Hirer claims to be owed by the Owner.
- The Hirer is prohibited from using, transferring, or altering the Vehicle, as follows:
- the Vehicle is not to be used by drivers other than those written on the Rental Agreement;
- the Vehicle is not to be used illegally, in a manner contrary to the Insurance Policy, or as a vehicle for hire or public transport;
- the Hirer will not transfer or assign this Rental, or ownership of the Vehicle, to a third party, except with the Owner’s prior written consent. The Hirer will also ensure that the Vehicle is not seised, confiscated, or involuntarily transferred, even if the Vehicle is the subject of judicial or administrative proceedings;
- the Hirer will not remove the Vehicle from the country in which this Rental is signed without the Owner’s prior written consent.
- the Hirer will not install accessories in the Vehicle, or alter the Vehicle in any way, without the Owner’s prior written consent.
- The Hirer will not smoke or allow animals in the Vehicle and will return the Vehicle in a clean and serviceable condition, and agree to pay £150 for cleaning if required.
- Gap Coverage
- For a total cost of £150.00 payable at signing, the Hirer will receive gap coverage.
- In the event that the Vehicle is stolen or damaged beyond repair, or is generally not recoverable, the Hirer is not required to pay the difference between the insurance settlement and the amount that is ordinarily due upon default.
- The Hirer acknowledges that the Vehicle has been inspected and the Hirer accepts the Vehicle as being in a good state of repair, not including manufacturer’s defects which would not have been visible upon inspection. The Owner has the right to inspect the Vehicle, without prior notice, at all reasonable times during the Term of this Rental.
- Event Of Default
- The Hirer will be in default under this Rental if:
- the Hirer fails to make a Payment on the due date;
- a creditor or a government authority seises the Vehicle;
- the Hirer has misrepresented personal or financial information;
- the Vehicle is stolen or damaged beyond repair;
- the Vehicle is not returned at the end of the Rental; or
- the Hirer breaches any other term of this Rental.
- In the event that the Hirer defaults under this Rental, the Hirer will be required to immediately pay all amounts owing applicable to the Vehicle for the remainder of the Rental.
- If the Hirer defaults under this Rental, the Owner will pursue the remedies outlined in this Rental, in addition to any other remedies allowed by law. If the Hirer defaults, the Owner may terminate this Rental, and may recover the Vehicle and sue the Hirer for damages.
- Excessive Wear and Tear
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that the Vehicle is looked after during the duration of the rental.
- Excessive wear and tear will include, but is not limited to, the following, even if covered by the Hirer’s Insurance Policy:
- cracked, damaged, or tinted glass;
- dented or damaged body panels, wings, lights, or paint;
- missing equipment or accessories that were provided with the Vehicle, including but not limited to wheel covers, jack, wheel wrench, and spare tyre or regular tyres;
- excessive tyres wear;
- damage to the interior of the Vehicle, including but not limited to dash, seats, floor covering, upholstery, truck liner, and center console (if applicable); or
- mechanical damage that affects the safe, proper, or lawful operation of the Vehicle, which would include damage that causes the Vehicle to fail a safety inspection in the country where this Rental is signed.
- caused by driver error, carelessness or negligence.
- If the Vehicle has excess wear and tear, there will be a charge to the Hirer for the excess wear and tear..
- Returning the Vehicle
- When the Hirer returns the Vehicle at the end of the Rental, the Hirer must pay the following amounts:
- the cost of any additional miles accumulated over the amount allowed;
- the cost of repairs needed as a result of excess wear and tear.
- any outstanding amounts under this Rental.
- the cost to refuel the vehicle to the level provided at the start of the rental.
- After the Hirer has returned the Vehicle and paid any required costs and fees, the Owner will return the following amounts, or the remaining portions of these amounts, to the Hirer:
- the insurance excess deposit; and
- any money received from an insurance claim or action that is not used to repair or replace the Vehicle.
- Additional Terms
- Not applicable
- General Provisions
- This Rental may not be assigned to a third party without the Owner’s prior written consent and approval.
- This Rental may only be amended or modified by a written instrument executed by both parties to this Rental.
- All costs, expenses and expenditures including, and without limitation, the complete legal costs incurred by enforcing this Rental as a result of any default by the Hirer, will be added to the amount then outstanding and will immediately be paid by the Hirer.
- The clauses and paragraphs contained in this Rental are intended to be read and construed independently of each other. If any part of this Rental is held to be invalid, this invalidity will not affect the operation of any other part of this Rental.
- If there is a conflict between any provision of this Rental and any form of rental prescribed by applicable legislation of Scotland (the “Act”), that prescribed form from the Act will prevail and such provisions of the Rental will be amended or deleted as necessary in order to comply with that prescribed form. Further, any provisions that are required by the Act are incorporated into this Rental.
- Headings are inserted for the convenience of the parties to this Rental only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Rental. Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine mean and include the feminine and vice versa.
- This Rental constitutes the entire agreement between the parties to this Rental and there are no further items or provisions, either oral or otherwise.
- The Hirer is entitled to a complete copy of this Rental. This Rental should not be signed until all terms have been set out and the Hirer has read it entirely.
- This Rental will be governed by the laws of Scotland.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the Parties have executed this Rental
|Supercar Hire Scotland Ltd
Per: ____________ (Seal)
|NOTICE TO THE HIRER:
(1) This is a Rental. You are not buying the motor vehicle previously described;
(2) Do not sign this Rental before you read it or if it contains any blank spaces to be filled in;
(3) You are entitled to a completely filled in copy of this Rental when you sign it;
(4) Warning — unless a charge is included in this Rental for public liability or property damage insurance, payment for that coverage is not provided by this Rental.
|I do hereby acknowledge receipt of a completed and signed copy of this Lease.
|I do hereby acknowledge receipt of a completed and signed copy of this Lease.